SPORTS PREMIUM REPORT
Sports Premium 2017/18 £14090
The sports premium grant received by St Patricks is used to enhance the provision of PE and sport and encourage activity and healthy lifestyles in the following ways;
- The employment of an activity development worker from Sports Development to support the provision of high quality PE lessons and extra curricular sport
- To improve the knowledge, skills and confidence of the teaching staff at St Patricks
- To provide an extensive range of opportunities for children to take part in competitive sports.
- To fund membership of the Hathershaw Sports Cluster, which meets termly with 18 other local primary schools and is led by an Assistant Principal at the local secondary school, these meetings allow an exchange of good practice.
- To fund membership of Youth Sport Trust this again informs staff of new PE developments.
- To encourage more reluctant children to participate regularly in sport.
- Promoting key values such as teamwork, resilience, leadership, respect for others, and the ability to handle success and disappointment.
- Funding for outside providers to enhance extracurricular sport and PE at lunchtimes and afterschool.
- Training for Junior Play Leaders who actively help organise lunchtime activities for their peers,
- Signposting pupils into community clubs
Targets for 2017/18
- To increase participation in extracurricular sport to 80% .
- To maintain the Sainsbury’s Gold Award.
- To organise staff training to enhance teachers’ skills in delivering the new PE curriculum.
- To introduce a Sports Council to improve pupil voice.
- To run the Change4Life Club
- To organise additional PE sessions for identified children to improve fitness and increase confidence.
- To participate in the Premier League Primary Stars initiative.
- To increase the range of extra curricular sporting activities on offer by introducing new sports e.g. Softball, table tennis and walking rugby .
How the funding is spent.
|Hathershaw Sports ClusterActivity Development Worker||To support the provision of high quality PE lessons and extracurricular sport||£6000|
|Contribution to Hathershaw Cluster||Support for provision of staffing, medals, trophies etc at inter school competitions||£1200|
|Leadership||Time for PE Subject Leaders to arrange events and oversee all projects. Cost of any additional hours worked||£5500|
To provide specialist coaching
|General PE Resources||Equipment for curricular and extracurricular PE and Sport||£1000|
|Misc expenses||e.g. Competition entry fees||£200|