Work Explained 22nd June - 26th June 2020
Monday 22nd June 2020
To be completed in your Percy Jackson Journal
- When you choose teams for a sport or P.E. activity, would you rather pick them yourselves or have the Teacher do it?
- Explain your thoughts about it
- Why do you think this?
To be completed in your literacy book
- If you were forced to decide right now what career you would study in the future, what would choose?
- What skills would make you good at that career?
- How could school help you with your chosen career?
- What is a career you would definitely not choose?
- Explain why you would not chose to do this.
Job Application - Watch the BBC clip I've added on the timetable
You have seen the perfect job advertised, the one you have said you would love to do above.
I want you to write a letter of application for the job.
Remember it must use the persuasive techniques we have been and also be aimed at the correct audience!!!
Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief
Wednesday 24th June 2020
- Why are the counsellors having a hard time deciding who Percy’s Olympian parent is?
- How does Percy surprise everyone during his first sword class?
- How do you think he was able to do this?
- According to Grover, why did the “Big Three” gods swear never to have any more children?
- Why does the story about Thalia make Percy feel “hollow and guilty”?
- In capture-the-flag, why does Percy feel like he’s being left out of the action?
- How does Percy manage to overcome the kids from Ares’s cabin?
- What was Annabeth’s plan to win the flag?
- Why does Annabeth make Percy stand in the water?
- What does Chiron say about how the Hell Hound got into camp?
- When you find out Percy’s true identity, are you surprised or did you see it coming?
- What clues were given to his identity earlier in the book?
Capture the Flag
I want you to Capture YOUR Flag in colour and design!
Today for your Art I want you to design Percy's Camp Half Blood flag.
Remember his dad is Poseidon God of the Sea (see the clip below) so his flag must represent this.
Happy flag design ☺
Thursday 25th June 2020
Watch the clip based on Plays linked on the Timetable
Today I want you to write a play script based on a scene from the book of you choice, one that has captured your imagination, for example the bathroom scene were Clarisse gets what she deserves, or the huge fight in Ares cabin.
Take the few exciting parts of the scene and turn them in to am mini script with stage directions, instructions for your actors and of course the dialogue. If you wish to use a narrator too thats fine.
Please use speech punctuation for the dialogue.
Friday 26th June 2020
Today want you to use the worksheet below to try your hand at this ancient language, the way Percy does in his morning lessons with Annabeth.
Percy takes lessons in Ancient Greek from Annabeth every morning. He says a demigod’s brain is “hardwired” for Greek.
Try your hand at learning the Greek alphabet below.
Try writing your name and the names of the Olympian gods using Greek letters, or any secret message you wish to send in your Percy Jackson Journal!