We want to respond to Pope Francis’s call for us all to care for our common home in his document Laudato Si. We want to call all to action. The parishes and schools of the Diocese of Salford have been issued with a challenge from Bishop John to take the environmental crisis more seriously and to make small changes in their own lives that would make a difference. We need to think how we can take practical action to tackle climate change that will help to work towards a sustainable world for future generations.
Actions so far
- We are emailing/parent mailing our newsletters and letters to parents to save paper.
- We have asked our children to bring in re-useable bottles rather than using paper cups which create more waste.
- Our school council met with the council to explore compartmentalising our lunch time waste so that some materials are recycled.
- We encourage all our children to look after our environment. We have a gardening club which cares for our school grounds.
- We have chosen an area of grass which we are going to have as our wild garden area.
- We have talked to the diocese about how to make our building more sustainable.