Hi we are St Patrick’s RC Primary School’s School Council.
We meet weekly to share and discuss our views. Each class across the age ranges, starting from year 2 through to Year 6, have two main representatives that have been elected by their class.
We are excited about the challenge of fulfilling our role as Councillors. The Teachers and Head teacher are interested in what we have to say. We are working hard to improve our school for everyone.
Events this year organised by the school council
- During the Autumn Term, we will be hosting a Macmillan Coffee morning, wokring hard to ensure we have an anti-bullying ethos throughout school and raising money and celebrating Christmas jumper day
- During the Spring term, we will be organising an Easter raffle to raise money for charity and wokring with the eco reps to help look after our school environment, both inside and outside
- During the summer term, we will be organising events in school to help raise money for school. We would like to raise enough money to get some new playground equipment for play times
What do the children think about School Council?
- They think it is important that as a Councillor they represent everyone in school and carry forward ideas from their peers in class.
- They believe they should be an outstanding role model to others in school.
- All think it is important to raise money for school and other school supported charities.
- They think the School Council is fun and they enjoy coming to meetings to discuss important things.